Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Overdrive

I took the Overdrive guided tour and watched the "how to" videos. I don't use mp3 players, but I think that the tour explains downloading clearly enough for me to figure out how to get an audiobook downloaded to a player. The video on burning to CD seems to do a good job of explaining things. In my opinion, it would be very difficult for non-techie types to figure out how to do this stuff without very clear explanations. We've got a long way to go as far as simplifying things for ease of use.

I tried searching for audiobooks by subject and didn't get much in the way of hits. I had to resort to searching for best-selling authors. The selection of books beyond best-selling authors appears to be pretty limited. I might be tempted to try using audiobooks if the selection was better.

No comments: